Sunday, December 9, 2012

Spring Crusher - Hanmer

I raced the Spring Crusher last year and with the challenge of over 1000m of verticle gain throughout 36km it was high on the list of build up races to compete in.
While the body was still battling illness I was keen to see what the course had to offer as it was slightly different to last years and the start sure showed what aggression we would be thrown at.  Straight up into the forest from the road we were in our lowest gears and the old body temperature sure rose to the occasion!
I was riding alright, trailing behind the front boys which stayed like this for up to the 20km mark where I managed to start heading back up a main climb in the course when I was meant to just simply cross straightover (don't know how I managed to stuff that one up!)  Sure enough after a good minute or so lost I realized I had made a slight detour!  Once back on track the course was mostly quick fast pedaling alongside the bottom of the hillside with only a couple small climbs to go I was glad to see the finish and rest up the legs.  I ended up coming over the line in 6th and 3rd in open mens.

No comments:

Post a Comment