Sunday, December 9, 2012

Hanmer Hammerhead

The Hanmer Hammerhead has always been a bit of a favorite for me as it was a race where I got my first real result when I started to compete on the mountain bike.
After a bit of a looksy around the start of the course before the race it was the typical fast flowing singletrack that Hanmer has on offer so I was looking forward to the race start to see what the rest of the course was like.
I started off hard and lead the first half of the lap before Craig snuck in front of me and whizzed down the next bit of track.  I raced on and came through onto my second lap of three about 20seconds behind Craig with Ben right on my tail and then continued on for the next big lap.  I kept riding on but the legs weren't going to be pushing much harder today and the young buck from Timaru David Coventry, came up behind me ready to slip past at the opportunity.  I rode on for my final lap holding my position finishing 4th Overall (1st Open Mens).

No comments:

Post a Comment