Monday, February 20, 2012

NZ Cup Round 3 Wellington


The third round of the New Zealand MTB Cup was held in Wellington in the Mt Vic Park. The course was fast and hard and had a couple of short yet tough climbs and followed mostly the 2010 National Champs circuit.

During the two practise days that I had I felt I had the course nailed and was looking forward to seeing how the body was going to cope on race day.

From the start of the race the course shot up a tarseal hill, around the velodrome then up a gnarly steep climb. I was in a respectable position but started to drop several places. I wasn't 100% so I knew it was going to be a tough day in the saddle but I was still there to race. A slight change in my race plan was made for!

Lap 2 came around and I felt the body was starting to settle into a rhythm halfway through this lap which was a good sign. I pressed on and started to pass more and more riders. By the last lap I had pushed my way up to a respectable position and was pleased to have still got stuck into my work and come across the line 6th in the Elite field.

This weekend I have the final NZ Cup Round held in Napier - looking forward to bringing back some good form!

No comments:

Post a Comment