Saturday, April 24, 2010

Terrace Downs Multi Sport race 2010

After teaming up with my boss from Halswell Butchery, Brad Williams and I were set and ready to compete in the 2010 Terrace Downs Multi Sports race with the rather appropriate name Team Bradz! The days weather didn't turn on a stunner with a rainy overcast throughout the event which kept all honest and on their game! The first stage of the race was a 30km Mountain bike that involved 4wd farm tracks and roads on undulating terrain. The second stage was a Kayak leg up the Rakaia River for 37km which then lead onto a 47km road stage. A 15km run finished the race off. I did the cycle stages with Brad taking good care of the run and Kayak. We both had a fantastic race and all went to plan coming in 3rd overall and 2nd in the Team catagory (open mens). I really enjoyed the different atmosphere and the thrill of follwing my team mate around waiting to do my stages in the race! A huge thanks to Brad Williams for being an awesome team mate and to all the competitors who finished along with our supporters and of course to my sponsor Cycleways!

No comments:

Post a Comment