Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Mt Somers MTB race 2010

The Mt Somers MTB race turned out a good field for yet another well run Lions Club event! The day was a cracker and after only riding on one of the days during the week I was keen to have a good hit out. The race ended up being mainly between Anton and myself where we both managed to get ourselves lost on one part of the course losing minutes before we were back on track! By this time another rider called Brett Leyden was not far behind us but once on another climb we got out of his sights. Toward the end of the race on the final few kms of tar seal Anton and I knew it would come down to a sprint finish between us so we had a bit of a chat on the road (as you do!) While this was happening Brett had caught us up and boy did we get a hurry up! About 200m from the turn into the finish field Anton and I took off and I thought I had a good shot in the sprint as I had the inside line into the corner however there were a couple of slower riders in the shorter race who were right on my line! I lost most of my speed having to jump in behind Anton on the corner and after one final effort I got right beside him in the final few metres but had to settle for second. Even though I couldn't quite get the win it was an awesome finish to the race!

No comments:

Post a Comment