Sunday, March 4, 2012

Pass to Pub 2012

I was looking forward to a good hit out in the Pass to Pub Mountain Bike race held just out of Fairle before the 2012 Oceania Mountain Bike Champs this weekend.
Last year I fell short behind the line coming in second so I had a strong determination to make sure I came home with that marvelous gate trophy of the event!
We left Christchurch and headed South into some good weather and while the venue still had a chill in the air the sun was blazing and I was ready to race.
The course started off with a bit of a grind up the farm paddock, I got the legs working hard and I managed to split the field straight away to see who the competition was for the day. As we entered the next part of the course there were 5 of us. Up the next shingle hill I kept pressing on to see who had that extra edge. We then turned left and headed up the valley dropping 2 riders. Shortly after I made an attack and followed through with it managing to pull away - great! I wanted a clean win so I made sure I kept the hammer down and smacked the road section in top gear.
The final part of the race saw me riding over some rough,bumpy and over grown paddocks but I stood up and the big wheels flew over this section of the race. Once over the last creek crossing I came across line taking the win with a good solid gap on the other riders.
Form is looking good for this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment