Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Long Beach MTB race


The Long Beach Mtb Race was another new event to me this year and with some good prize money up for grabs it was looking like a good event to have a crack at! The course involved a lot of undulating farm tracks through fields and along beach fronts that sunk in most riders wheels proving to be a tricky few sections of the course.
The weather was rather windy but after a good warm up and race start I was sitting comfortably in third position in behind Phil Patterson (leading out) and Kyle Wood with Logan Horn and Anton Cooper tucked in behind. Once onto the paddocks it was the 5 of us who were going to be the competition for the day. After the first part of the course grinding away into a head wind on the undulating and rather annoying terrain, myself, Kyle and Logan gapped the other two riders about a quarter of the way through the race. Not too far from this part Kyle who was on excellent form again, kept slipping away from us and the middle part of the race was firstly me and then Logan tossing and turning until he proved to be the stonger rider on the day slowly getting away.
The next section of the race saw me nailing it down the gravel road with Anton tucked in behind trying to catch Logan back up but he had by this stage already increased his gap. After the final river crossing I came in fourth postion not happy with how I went but knowing what areas I need to improve on in preparation for the big events coming up in about a months time - fingers crossed I will get on form!

No comments:

Post a Comment