Wednesday, September 8, 2010

2010 Windham World Cup Round


After our travels over to the U.S.A. and a excellent day touring New York City it was back to business to focus on the Final World Cup Round in Windham. We arrived Tuesday evening to some rather dull weather with wet track conditions. Once I got out to ride the course on Wednesday the sun came out and stayed like this right through the week providing excellent race conditions for Saturday. Throughout the week the course only got better and better and after some short efforts earlier on, to get the legs working from travelling I was feeling good!
Race day came around and before I knew it at 9am we were off! My start was a shocker- I missed clipped about 3 times and got shunted to the back. However I stayed calm and focused working my way up the field. Lap 3 of 4 came by and I had caught up to another rider who as I found out after the race was second place. I chased him all the way to the finish sprinting hard and was 4 seconds off getting him! I finished in 3rd place stoked about my result- I actually thought I had come in fourth so when I was called to the podium it was a very exciting feeling getting a medal for my country!

No comments:

Post a Comment