Saturday, March 6, 2010

Pass to Pub 2010

The Pass to Pub 2010 sure turned on the weather conditions today with the sun blazing in the clear blue skys. We arrived with little time to spear and before I knew it I was on the start line. Once we had taken off I quickly realised that I was going to need to give my legs time to wined into the race as they were still feeling it from the previous days training. Sure enough they started feeling better throughout the race where Brent Millar, Thomas Prestige and myself battled it out. Getting towards the final stages of the race Thomas dropped off and that left Brent and I to finish it off. I put in a couple of attacks near the end to see what would happen and up the final pinch. The course then ducked onto a short run of tarseal where I had put a 5-10 metre gap on Brent just before the finish shoot. After thinking Brent had backed off I eased off once in the shoot and then looked back once I was halfway through. Little did I know I got a surprise when I saw he was putting in a final attack to the line but I quickly got back on the gas and won overall by a wheel length! Lesson learnt-race all the way to where it says finish!

No comments:

Post a Comment