Saturday, January 30, 2010

Timaru X-Scenic


The Timaru X-Scenic MTB race was held in Centennial Park, Timaru with race day turning out to have some good Christchurch competition with Anton Cooper, Logan Horn and myself battling it out in the dry and dusty conditions that made for good racing. With a start loop and 3 laps to complete Anton, Logan and myself broke away on lap one. I attacked up the climb to get out in front and it was clear track ahead of me through the twisty turns and pinch climbs but after a drivetrain issue on one of these climbs (thinking I almost broke my chain) I got back onto our trio. Lap 2 came around and Anton and myself broke away. I had yet another drivetrain issue on a pinch climb having to get off again on a rooty climb losing time as Anton got away. Lap 3 was my best lap hunting Anton down after my problem doing some solid big ring efforts and bringing him back into sight before the finish but unfortunantly I ran out of track to take him ending up coming second by 6 seconds.

No comments:

Post a Comment